Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Look what else washed up on the beach - more Battlestar photos

Since I posted “Beach Blanket Battlestar – or- Battlestar Photographica” a little while ago, featuring photos from the set of “Battlestar Galactica” on Centennial Beach in Tsawwassen just prior to the writers’ strike, there’s been some interest in more shots from that day. Joe asked for high-res versions of the pix; I wish I could oblige, but unfortunately, what you see is all that was sent to me. I do have one more nice shot of the ruins though, as you’ll see below. Chrome Toaster recently asked for some of the set and sign shots I’d alluded to, and luckily, I do have a few of those to pass along for those who are interested. (And for those who are interested in props, wardrobe, etc from Battlestar, make sure you check out Chrome Toaster’s site: www.future-past.com) So, without further ado, here are the last of the Battlestar set photos to wash up on bloginhood’s shores:

Another pretty picture of the ruins.



A really wide shot of the cast and crew doing… well… they’re too far away to actually make out what they’re doing. I’m assuming they’re feeling guilty about having no marshmallows to roast.


Really grainy shot of shooting by the water’s edge. Not sure who’s on camera.


And now, just for Chrome Toaster: Signs!


Signage with Raptor-y goodness in the background.



Signage with no Raptor-y goodness in the background.



Who needs signs when you’ve got set trucks? Go, you majestic transporters of all things technical and prop-like! (How can you tell I've been watching reruns of "The Tick"?)


That’s it for the Battlestar photos, folks. I wish I had more. Let’s hope the studios will come to their senses, realize the writers just want what’s fair and ink a deal so they can all get back to doing what they do best.

Stay tuned for an in-depth reflection on “Razor”, frequently promised, but definitely coming in the next day or two.

2 comments:

Steve Fronczek said...

Oh Cool! the signage is fantastic. Thanks for the link out to my site. :)

Robin Shantz said...

Anytime, Chrome Toaster!