Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Indulging in some Geeky Gushing

In the past week or so there have been a couple of items of SF (passed along by the good folks over at SF Signal) that rate high enough on the awesome-o-meter to warrant a bit of fanboy fanfare.

Most recently, there's the release of the new, nearly two-and-a-half minute trailer for Tron Legacy (formerly known as Tron 2, formerly - and stupidly - known as Tr2n). If the teaser that came out a few months ago grabbed you like it did me, you'll love this montage. The original Tron ranks up there as one of my favourite SF films, and while I've been trying to curb my enthusiasm out of fear of disappointment, the more hints I see of the sequel, the more optimistic and excited I'm feeling. And here's a mini-spoiler: the shot of the recognizer, and the scene with the lightcycles rocked!

And looking back a few days, news came out that HBO has given the go-ahead for the production of the TV adaptation of George RR Martin's A Game of Thrones. The pilot and nine episodes have been ordered and the series is set to debut in spring 2011. If the series lasts, each book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series would get its own season. Woohoo! Uh, but, wait... I don't have HBO Canada as part of my cable package! Dammit! Well, I guess I've got a year to come up with some good reasons that might convince my wife to approve an increase in our cable bill.

No comments: