Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Aurora Award Short List Is Out

The short list for the Aurora Awards is finally out. Looks like I missed a lot of the more popular nominees, but hey, my picks seldom match the finalists or winners from year to year. I just nominate what I liked best. That being said, getting recognition from the fans is no easy feat when there's a lot of works to choose from, so those that did make it to the final list have certainly earned their place. I'll have to see if I can track down some of the short-listed works I haven't read yet prior to the end of the voting period.

At any rate, congratulations to this year's Aurora Award finalists!

I'll follow-up later with my final ballot picks and a note on the awards when they're given out at Anticipation, the Montreal Worldcon, this summer.

No comments: