Friday, June 12, 2009

Top 5 Lines from Ghost Busters


In honour of the 25th Anniversary of Ghost Busters this past Monday, I thought I'd present a list of the Top 5 lines that still crack me up after all these years. There are a hell of a lot of great lines in this movie, and it pained me to leave some off the list, but these are the best:


5) "I feel like the floor of a taxicab."
Egon, admist the wreckage of the roof-top temple, covered in Gozer/Mr Stay Puft marshmallow goo. (I've used this line once or twice, though not having been covered in the exploded remains of a giant marshmallow man)

4) "You know, you don't act like a scientist. You're more like a game show host."
Dana deals with a love-struck Venkman in her apartment.

3) "We've been going about this all wrong! This Mr Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor. He's in New York. We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!"
Venkman's solution as the 100-foot marshmallow man advances on the Ghost Busters.

2) "You've never been out of college. You don't know what it's like out there. I've worked for the private sector. They expect results."
Ray gives Venkman a dose of reality after the university gives the boys the boot.

1) "He slimed me."
(was there ever any doubt?)

No comments: