Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Return of the List!

For nearly a year, I've been listless. At least as far as this site is concerned.

I left off the weakly list when I headed to Montreal for Worldcon last August. And that made sense at the time. I was too busy blogging the Anticipation experience and keeping weird hours, and then indulging in a short vacation afterwards, to put any thought into arbitrarily ranking diverse science fiction and fantasy elements to fit whatever topic I pulled out of my hat during those weeks.

But why didn't I resume when I got home? I can't really say. It wasn't laziness (or, no more so than usual, anyway) because I didn't stop posting altogether. It wasn't that I lost my taste for lists, because I still enjoy clicking over to the odd list on other sites. It wasn't that I ran out of ideas either. I just didn't pick it up again.

Well, that's changed. I may not have hit the anniversary of the lack of list, but it's time to get back in the swing of things.

The Weakly List is back.

Stay tuned for pointless ranking of all things SF in the weeks ahead.

No comments: