Monday, October 05, 2009

Chef Sinks Teeth into Animation

Having whetted his appetite with culinary reality TV, spectacularly foul-mouthed chef Gordon Ramsay is now set to dish out his personality in an animated format. CBC's site picked up a last week that Toronto's Cuppa Coffee studios is working with Ramsay on 20 episodes of a stop-motion show called Gordon Ramsay, At Your Service.

I'm willing to give this one a shot, but I'm not getting my hopes up. We all remember what happened when Emeril Lagasse tried his hand at a sitcom a few years ago. Besides, if you're looking for a fictional show about a cook with a ferocious personality (albeit live action, rather than animated), why not just watch Lenny Henry's hillarious show Chef! which came out of the UK back in the 90's? But even that show, as good as it was, ran its course. I enjoy Ramsay's shows from time to time, and I'm certainly a fan of animation, but there's only so many servings of this kind of personality one can take. I hope this isn't overkill and that Ramsay doesn't end up having reached too far and getting served humble pie.

No comments: