Sunday, October 18, 2009

Simpsons Back on Track with New Hallowe'en Episode

Without giving too much away, I can say I'm pleased with The Simpsons for Treehouse of Horror XX. For the past couple of years, I've been pretty indifferent to their annual spookfest - something was just lacking... the energy, the humour, the intelligence. For a long time, the Hallowe'en episodes were always the best of the year, and over the life of the series, the best the writers had to offer - period. Lately I'd become indifferent to them and I was worried I might have to cut them from my Hallowe'en tradition.

But this year they got back on track. The opener was weird enough to work, and while Dial "M" for Murder - Hit # for the Operator was a little weak, the second segment that took a whack at 28 Days and I Am Legend was brilliant, and the closer with the Sweeny Todd-esque play in Moe's Tavern had its moments.

Let's hope the Simpsons can continue to serve up the Hallowe'en treats in the years to come.

No comments: