Monday, November 09, 2009

Leftovers from the Bottom of the Trick or Treat Bag

Well, Hallowe'en may have been over for more than a week, but I'm not entirely ready to get dragged into the Christmas season yet. Here's one last stab at the spooky season: pix of a couple of our genre-themed jack'o'lanterns from this year:







First off, one of my wife's contributions. It took her about 3 hours to get the detailing right, but in the end it was worth it... kids who came to the door gasped: "That's no pumpkin! It's a space station!"

Not sure if this out-does her Dalek from last year, but it certainly kicks ass. Now how is she going to top herself next year?






For my part, I tend to stick to simple faces. Nothing too fancy in the way of detailing. This year, though, that was just fine in terms of SF-related pumpkin styling. I took some inspiration from the new Hallowe'en TV special Monsters vs Aliens - Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space and carved Wicked Jack. Luckily - for him - he didn't make a grab for my candy!






I hope all of you had a safe and happy Hallowe'en.
Now, how many sleeps until we get to trick-or-treat again?

No comments: