Thursday, October 09, 2008

Confessions of a Late Adopter

I have to admit, I’m one of the few people who hasn’t been following last year’s TV hit “Chuck”. That changed tonight.

Quite by accident, we were flipping through the channels and came across it on Space (Canada’s SF network), stuck around for a few minutes, decided we liked it and then stayed for the rest of the show.

I’d missed the premier when it originally debuted, along with the first couple of shows, and because I had other things on my plate I decided to give it a pass. No comment on the quality at all, just a time management thing. That being said, now that Space is airing it and it’s conveniently on at 7, I’ll probably start following it.

As far as tales of big-box retailer flunkies embroiled in adventures above their heads go, I think overall “Reaper” is more entertaining that “Chuck”, but “Chuck” is certainly worth making time for.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been a big fan since the beginning, as you know. And I actually kind of lost interest in Reaper, but Chuck is about my favourite big-network show right now (at least until Lost comes back).

Robin Shantz said...

You're missing out, harrysaxon. Reaper's been worth following. Sam's storyline has been steadily developing - he's not just a catch-and-release one-trick-pony, Sock continues to out-do himself in his tragically hilarious obnoxiousness, Ben's had an entertaining storyline, and Andi's held her own against the boys. It's definitely worth your while to catch up on what you've missed so you can be ready when the show resumes in January.