Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Perfect Site for Fans of The Old Porkchop Express

As many of you know, John Carpenter’s “Big Trouble in Little China” is one of my all time favourite films. Today, quite by accident, I stumbled upon the perfect site for fans of The Old Porkchop Express: The Wing Kong Exchange. This site’s got the usual pix, sound clips, factoids and gossip, but I was practically falling out of my seat laughing at a set of fan films that had “Southpark” –style animation running over clips from the film. There’s also a lot of cool merchandise like “Egg Foo Yong Tours” T-shirts and Porkchop Express trucker hats. For my part, I’m lookin’ very closely at a “Dragon of the Black Pool” jacket and thinking Christmas isn’t too far around the corner.

Not a Big Trouble fan? Well then, let’s just say, in the words of Lo Pan: You were not put on this Earth to “get it”, Mr. Burton.

No comments: